Absolutely! We are going to have disagreements. We are two imperfect humans who will let each other down at times. But, there is a clean way to have these arguments. There are rules and if we know them and follow them we can work thru our problems. They are very simple. I didn’t say easy to do, I said they are simple rules to follow.
There are many but here is a list of just a few:
- Never speak rashly. Always weigh your words carefully.
- Never confront your mate publicly.
- Never argue in front of the kids
- Never call each other names
- Never demean one another or talk down to each other.
- Never go to bed angry with each other
So your goal this week is when the garbage doesn’t get taken out or dinner wasn’t ready when you got home….remember these rules before you react. I know these are two silly examples, but we tend to hold stuff in until something small and simple causes a huge fight.
Remember two things. Unconditional forgiveness and never go to bed angry.
Ephesians 4:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: